Friday, July 18, 2014

Albi's verdict: you are....NOT the father

This movie wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and I only say that after seeing the resolution of the film I'm about to spend 2 hours watching. I usually don't like older films bc the lack the directing, story telling, cinematography and even sometimes acting that I prefer, but this isn't true about The Verdict. Paul Newmans a beast, we all know that, and I too was surprised to see him take this role when everyone else in Hollywood is on his dick. So that's why I respect this film and gave it my time. I agree with was all of you of are saying so no point in repeating it. Best part of the film: the slow developing bitch slap. I immediately thought of Josh. I will say one final thing, when I watch a film, it doesn't take much for my emotions to get the best of me and tear up. All it takes is a moment of Real life pain. Not some manufactured pain, but a simple stare or flash of hidden love or even something I can relate to as a child. I just like it to feel real and then I'm a sucker. But for some reason I didn't choke up not once. I'm not saying that I no longer like the movie, I just wanted to point that out, bc I realized it myself as I wrote this. Good flick, would I watch it again........?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments Albi. After reading your thoughts, I have to say that I agree with you. When I think back on the film, it did have a kind of bland tone. That in turn kind of dulled my senses, which I think was intentional. I have a film selected that I will post sometime soon that I think will be our first really emotionally driven film.

    ReplyDelete